Friday 12 February 2016

Psychic Friday!

So here it is the felt elephant in the room who is not gonna be ignored.


Its's Friday people!!! And I must say I am feeling pretty good. It's 4 weeks post surgery so let's have a quick run down on sites 1, 2 and 3. The donor site on my right thigh is almost completely dressing free. Just two strips of 2cm hyper flex left. It's looking mostly thigh like with a few blotchy red areas that look like a scald. The tummy tuck has no dressing left! Yarooooo! It's getting lathered in vitamin A protective ointment to keep it moisturized. It's like a long pink river. Still needs to colour down a few shades. Flappy is free of the surround sound system of hyper flex and is enjoying some freedom of movement and some fresh air. Still have a couple of small dressings where the infection was and is no longer. Purest silver is under those dressings. Doing a grand job according to the district nurse who still comes in every two days. Flappy is colouring down really well and the structure of the new neck is looking amazing. Texture looks a little chicken skin-like but the vitamin A ointment twice a day is working through that. Appearance is like a pastel colored lava lamp. Everyday the fleshy areas take over some more of the purple bits. We're only 4 weeks in and it's already looking amazing. Come the winter, I think I'll be losing those polo necks once and for all! Oh yes! In the meantime I'm UV protecting flappy with a scarf from my vast collection. 

So, big night tonight. It's my first night out of the house. Girls night out, unfortunately I am sans alcohol as I attempt to ensure complete healing of flappy. Me, my lovely new-mom-niece, my mom and the three sisters are off to the cossie for a Psychic evening with Sue Nicholson, the lady from Sensing Murder on TV. 'Answers from the other side' it's called. I reckon that at least one of my aunts could give Sue a run for her money. I'll let you know how we get on in the next post.....

2 comments: