Tuesday 16 February 2016

Photo!



What a great weekend!
So it started with Psychic Friday, "answers from the other side" an evening with Sue Nicholson from TV's Sensing Murder. Now some of you will be thinking, hang on a minute, how come Reenie is going to see a Psychic when she's a scientist? Has she one short of a full deck? Truth is I've always been open to a bit of psychic mallarchy. I think it's in me genes..... Let me explain before someone takes my PhD away from me. A couple of my aunts either read the tarot cards or the tea leaves. We've probably got gypsy blood in our veins but for heavens sake don't say that out loud! My Irish aunts may like to dress up but no way is it big fat gypsy wedding material. When people 'pass over' we often have them reappearing in our dreams or when we're awake we'll have a sense of them being there. When my dad died a couple of weird things happened that I couldn't explain like when I was sorting music for the funeral there was a list of possibles written on a piece of paper. I was on my own and left the room for a moment and when I came back the piece of paper with the list of songs on was screwed up on the floor. Never could explain that apart from me having a total blackout and doing it myself. Also, I am sure he was directing his own funeral arrangements through me cos I would never have come up with a royal blue coffin in honor of the Blues (soccer team) which we had adorned with white lilies. He came to me in a dream a couple of days after his death - he was calling from a pay phone and clear as anything, shouting down the phone all excited, "alright bab, it's great here, I'm being looked after by a black man, the foods great, don't worry about me". Anyhow, it's not proof in any way that there is life beyond but I can understand why people go to psychics, especially when there is unfinished business. Especially when you didn't get to say I love you. Call it therapy at the very least but what harm is there in it? 
We didn't get to connect with anyone on the other side on that occasion. Although at one point I did think mom was channeling my recently deceased uncle D who was a bit of a trickster and would have taken the piss out of the evening. Maybe she just wasn't that into it. The aura was definitely on the negative side! Sue, the psychic was up there working for four hours. There were a couple of standout connections which were fascinating just in terms of a good story. They were mysteries where someone died in unusual circumstances. One young man came through who said that how he died wasn't as it looked. "Mom, my feet could touch the ground". This must've been a suicide, hanging which was suspect. A murder.  Interesting. That would make a great Serial podcast. There were at least 20 connections made that night. A couple of pets came through too! A big chestnut pony was trotting down the aisle apparently. She also shared her experience of the other side when she told us about her own attempted suicide. She now counsels people who have attempted suicide. She reads people really well and is able to advise them and send them away with a little more self esteem. So it's not all about hocus pocus. Skeptics beware, don't knock it till you've tried it or experienced it. Keep an open mind cos we don't have all the answers. 

The rest of the weekend was filled with fabulous family time. The sisters had a sing song and my niece had a birthday BBQ on one of the hottest days so far this summer. All in all a wonderful
weekend making memories. Here's a few photos and hopefully a video! Watch out for special guest appearance from flappy!



Killing the 'Green Green Grass of Home'








10 comments:

  1. Love that Woody joined in with the singing (check out 18 seconds in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the singing! Good to see a recent photo of you Reenie. I also have gypsy blood, but in my case it's Irish Tinker!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be where you get your squeezebox talent from!

      Delete
  3. What a great night, wish I was there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was just the dress rehearsal! I reckon they'll get a spot on the cruise ship singing like that!

      Delete
  4. The original Rockettes are looking and sounding good. I half expected John to jump in the back ground.
    I was thinking of the Archbishop Ilsley sixth form review in the mid-eighties with John singing. Were you not a Rockette back in the day?
    Glad to see you are looking so well, must be the gypsy blood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J was out of shot but still singing along. I don't think I made the cut for the rockettes! I stood in once for the Boogie Woogie Bugle Girls though!

      Delete
  5. That sounded just like your dad!!! Babs. Your mum and her sisters are gorgeous. I heard them sing once - maybe when your brother went to New Zealand just before we went to uni? Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cricket that was years ago shell. They sang at our wedding. Paul o Brian was saying "there's ants and they're coming out of everywhere"

      Delete