Saturday 12 March 2016

Simply Saturday

Superhero food

Simply Saturday has been a blissful day out in Wellington spent with my man J. Brunch at Scopa on Cuba Street was deadly. I was hanging out for my usual, Gambaretti pizza (fluffy prawns, chilli and garlic) and roasted potatoes, which we normally get in the evening. But it was brunch time and so we switched to Scopa Eggs Bene with bacon for me and Abruzzo eggs (chilli scrambled eggs) for J. Wow! My eggs came on a hash brown which had a lovely splash of chilli which was soooo unexpected but totally divine! J's Abruzzo was killer hot for me but hit the hot spot for himself. Lovely lovely! Then we went to see "Deadpool" at the Embassy. Absolutely perfect movie to see today! Deadpool is a Marvel superhero with attitude. My kinda attitude. Thinking I may have to switch red suits and go over to the dark side, put Ironman on the rack for awhile and go parteeee as Deadpool. Loved the one liners referencing sinead o'connor too. Loved that movie. Totally stinking. There's a much censored link to the trailer below. Go see it! 



4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good day! Yay! 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francie! I loved it! Simple pleasures.

      Delete
  2. Great to have you back again. I can see this will turn into a book someday so keep it up and feed our spirits as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. Good to hear from you. Keep on keepin on.

      Delete