Friday 25 March 2016

Hair - to normality and beyond!


This is me, flap side up, on Saturday 25th March 2016. Just smashed another milestone.... The first hair do post surgery! That's me 10 weeks post surgery. Colored, cut and styled. 

Don't underestimate what a great hair do can do for your self esteem. Never have I needed this more than I have today after the roller coaster ride I've been on over the last 10 weeks. I remember one of the first questions I asked Dr J, my surgeon who looks uncannily like Griff Rhys Jones, was when will it be safe to go to the hairdressers? His response, "what sort of things happen at the hairdressers?". I guess with a tidy short back and sides Dr J wouldn't know about the hidden perils of the backwash basin, the chemicals in the colour, the hot irons for flappy. Of course I, we, were apprehensive about maybe colour contaminating the beautiful flap or a stab of the scissors or a brush with the straightener at 140 degrees. Yeah but nah. Seriously. You're dealing with a professional here. And that's not me I'm talking about no, that would be my freakin amazing too hot to trot hair stylist who welcomed me this morning with "you look amazing, like you haven't had anything done!" and later after having a squizz at flappy, "they have done an incredible job". 

This is so good to hear because flappy really is an incredible work of magnificence that I am so proud of and so proud to have gotten through successfully. Yes I am saying, now, successfully. Yesterday I had an ultrasound of my neck and they couldn't find what they were looking for (there's a song in there somewhere). There is no gap, the bug cave has shrunk down to nothingness. Another step towards normality. Whatever life throws at flappy in the future I believe I am now in a much better position to defend flappy against the imposters that may pray upon the soul of flappy. As my surgeon said "it's a different clinical picture now". The gap has been closed, the holes in my neck have been covered, I am no longer exposing my spine to the elements, I am no longer on prophylactic antibiotics. Time to set the monkey free from my back. 

3 comments:

  1. Wowsers! Looking hot sista! Beautiful lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Goodbye monkey and hello Reenie, the most amazing person! What great news in this post and you and your hair LOOK lovely! 😊😊😊🌷🌹🌺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the movies to watch Dead Pool last week it was very witty. I went to a night screening, got a chance to drink beer and wine (cheaper than the soft drinks) with the movie. I thought of you drinking the wine, it is probably that last addition to the tea, chocolate and cheese treats picture you posted. Glad to see you are looking really well. Thought you may want to get your hair tips dyed blue the latest fashion craze here.

    ReplyDelete