Friday 11 March 2016

Keep on keeping on



Film therapy. Is there such a thing? Well I just googled it and there it is! You can do an online course in cinema therapy to learn how to use the power of movies in the therapeutic process. I'm not sure the DVDs I chose for my duvet day would count towards therapy. "Dark Places" is a book written by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl. I must admit that I did get the book out of the library but wasn't in the right headspace to read it, it was a bit scary and I didn't wanna add to the drug induced hallucinations I was getting at night. So I saw they'd made a movie and thought I could handle that one. Charlize is in it so gotta be good. She's the sole survivor of a family massacre which her brother has been imprisoned for based on her testimony when she was 7. 20 years on and she's pulled into a "kill club", a group of crime enthusiasts who want to prove that her brother is innocent. Sounds ok doesn't it? Well the flashback story got a bit weird and satanic and druggy. It was getting a bit too unrealistic for a 1985 storyline. And then the cows got hit.  I had to turn it off, midway through. Slaughtering cows in the name of Satan? Sweet God really? Charlize what were you thinking? You looked like you had just stepped out of Mad Max in your lunch hour to make this movie. My hunch is there will be some kind of child abuse going on somewhere in that story. Glad I switched it off. And I didn't issue you a spoiler alert cos it's a crap film and you're not gonna watch it! 

Cleaning therapy. It doesn't exist according to Google. But I cleaned the house anyway and it felt good. It felt even better when J came in and asked "did you Hoover up today?" "Yeah!" "Tut" he says, "you should be taking it easy". I'm glad the place is all nice and clean for the weekend. More time to watch crap movies!



1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure watching movies is therapy, but it can be restful. However I can't stand horror movies!
    Cleaning has the advantage of a visible result afterwards......
    I think perhaps you find writing therapeutic ..... How about sketching? Good luck Reenie; here's wishing you steady improvement in health. 😊🌹

    ReplyDelete