Thursday 21 January 2016

Home

first night in my own bed! How good was that!? Ok so it's an early start, 6am here in NZ, averaging 6 hours sleep a night, old habits die hard! Under strict instructions to sit still and stare a lot. Can't help feeling excited. It's like Christmas morning! 

Coming home yesterday - it hasn't sunk in yet - was sensory overload. Different voices, faces, noises, traffic, sunshine, green, people, all beautiful to see. A week in my life. Long week, long days, long freakin nights! I have the attention span of a flea. Can read one page of my book at a time. Looking at the Guardian's guide to the worlds cities in pictures yesterday online was lovely. Craving colours. 

Absolutely ravenously hungry! Talking about food, dreaming about food, reading about food, love food. I have about half hour of tongue action before my mouth gets tired and I can't eat any more. Except for Ice cream! 

Lots of processing still to do so I'll be blogging away later today......

2 comments:

  1. Hey Serena
    Glad you are back among the real people again!
    Although you sound like your average druggie coming down from a binge which probably describes your current situation pretty well. I have been enjoying 'hearing' your voice in your writing, even if the content makes my stomach sink. And I love the blood-spattered background you have chosen for your page - very subtle. I'm glad you are back home and I remember being in hospital as a child - the one thing that stuck in my mind was the obsession with going home - it is like Christmas with the best present ever.
    I had to remember my google login to comment and then change my password. It had to be 8 characters........so I chose Snow White and the seven dwarves!

    Ha Ha - though I could make you smile.
    Cheers Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just re-read the post Ian and you're right, was under the influence when I wrote it! Oops! Still working on the names of the 7 dwarves, good one for those happy places.

      Delete